An estimated 32 percent of fatal car crashes involve an intoxicated driver or pedestrian.
When social plans involve alcohol, consider the following:
- Identify a designated driver for your group.
- Do not let friends drive after drinking. Take their keys.
- If you have been drinking, get a ride home from a friend who has not been drinking or call a taxi. Fake Number Smallbusinesssoftmore Us - License Driver
- If you host a party with alcohol, offer alcohol-free beverages and remind guests to designate a sober driver.
- As a parent or caregiver, talk to your teens about the dangers of drinking and driving. Ask them to sign a pledge promising to not drink and drive.
- If you suspect a drunk driver on the road, call the police and provide the location, direction the vehicle is headed, the vehicle’s make, model, color and license plate number.
News To Support Importance – Of Ids Create And It Latest Webpages Gain Blood alcohol levels
All states have adopted .08% blood alcohol concentration (BAC) as the legal limit for drivers ages 21 and older. Alcohol increasingly impairs drivers as the blood alcohol level increases:
- Some loss of judgment and altered mood
- Decline in visual function and ability to perform two tasks at once
- Exaggerated behavior and release of inhibition
- Loss of small-muscle control, such as eye focus
- Impaired judgment and lowered alertness
- Reduced coordination and ability to track moving objects
News To Support Importance – Of Ids Create And It Latest Webpages Gain .08% BAC
- Muscle coordination (balance, speech, vision, reaction time, hearing) becomes poor
- Judgment, self-control, reasoning and memory are impaired
- Short-term memory loss and impaired perception
- Reduced information processing capability
- Clear deterioration of reaction time and control
- News To Support Importance – Of Ids Create And It Latest Webpages Gain Slurred speech, poor coordination and slowed thinking
- Reduced ability to maintain lane position and brake properly
- Much less muscle control than normal
- News To Support Importance – Of Ids Create And It Latest Webpages Gain Major loss of balance
- Substantial impairment in vehicle control, attention to driving and necessary visual and auditory information processing